Action Santé: Travesti(E)S et Transsexuel(Le)S du Québec
* Peer support and accompaniment to appointments at clinics, hospitals, legal offices, court dates and social services.
* Assistance in accessing information regarding legal issues and procedures, such as criminal and penal charges, criminal records, arrest warrants, conditions before court appearances, legal aid, trans-affirmative legal representation.
* Assistance in applying for a change of name and sex designation, refugee status, permanent residency, citizenship, work permits, record suspensions, and compensatory community service work.
* Assistance in understand and evaluating legal risks related to criminalization.
* Monthly community dinner, monthly drop-ins, periodic cultural and educational activities and skill-sharing workshops.
* Referral to trans-affirmative health care (hormone therapy, HIV treatment, and sexual health).
* Distribution of harm reduction supplies (syringes, needles, pipes, filters, kit sniff, filters, condoms and lube), recovery of harm reduction material, distribution of sharps containers, distribution of hormone therapy injection materials, distribution of fentanyl testing kits and distribution of naloxone kits.
* Street and outreach work to trans sex workers’ homes, workplaces and community spaces.
* Visit to community members after surgeries or in long-term care homes.
* Substance analysis service, offered by Checkpoint/Cactus.
transsexual, transvestite, transgender, non-binary, Two-Spirit people, people questioning their gender identity, including sex workers, immigrants and refugees, people living with HIV, people who are unemployed or homeless, incarcerated people, drug users
Province of Québec
Language of service: